Jl. Akhmad Yani No. 21 GedongtataanTelp: (0721)
94437 Kode Pos : 35371
SOAL PERBAIKAN UTS KHUSUS UNTUK KELAS 8A,B, C, D, E
Perintah umum :
- Kirimkan hasil jawaban Anda ke Email : Net_challenger@yahoo.co.id
- Kiriman hasil jawaban Anda terakhir tgl 10 Nopember 2010
1. X : Good morning, sir?
How are you?
Y : ……
Sorry! C. See
Thank you D. I’m
fine, thank you
2. I want to … my self. My name is Budiman
A. know C.
B. invite D. live
3. Retno : Mr. Hasyim, … my father?
Mr. Hasyim : How do you do Mr.
Father : How do you do Mr. Hasyim?
A. I’d like to introduce
B. I want to invite
C. I like to visit
D. I am glad to help
4. X : Good morning, Jack.
Good morning, Rita.
X : This is … my friend.
Y : Hi
Ana. Nice to meet you.
A. Jack C. Ana
B. Rita D. Diah
5. A : Which do you prefer, trousers or shorts?
B : I … trousers better.
A. want C. have
B. like D. need
6. X : Are you a musician?
Y : No, I’m not. But I like music very much
X : Well, what sort of music do you like best?
Y : I like modern jazz best
The underlined utterance here
A. an apology for being late
B. a greeting to someone
C. an invitation for a pleasure
D. an expression of pleasure
7. Haryo : I like wearing T-shirts, but I don’t like
How about you, Nur?
Nuri : Well, I also like wearing T-shirts better
So, I ……
A. always wear shirts
B. don’t like T-shirts
C. seldom wear shirts
D. prefer shirts to T-shirts
8. Edi asked rudi to go to see a film at the
PALAGUNA Theatre, but he declined the
invitation because he was busy with his homework.
Edi : Would you like to come to the PALAGUNA
Rudi : ……
A. Yes, I’d be delighted to
B. That’s very kind of you but I’m afraid, I’m
C. That’s very kind of you, shall we go now?
D. Yes, I’d be happy to accept. I’d be very
9. Hasan : Father, I’m going to do my driving test tomorrow
Father : Oh, yeah? ……
A. Good luck C.
That’s bad luck
B. Wish me luck D. Well
done, my son
10. Alif : Oh, visiting time is over. I have to leave
Rani : Thanks so much for visit.
Alif : You’re welcome. I hope you get … soon.
A. well C. along
B. ready D. up
11. Rian meets Kiki on his way from school.
Rian : Hi, Kiki, is it right that you’ll take a part
in a big show
Kiki : That’s right.
Rian : I …… you’ll be successful.
Kiki : Thanks.
A. doubt C. know
B. mind D. hope
12. As a child, Sabar always obeys to his
parents. I hope all … as like him.
A. children C. a
B. childs D.
13. Parjo : Why don’t you water your plant?
Look, they’re beginning to dry up
Farmer : I hope it will rain soon
Parjo : ……
A. I think they will soon wither
B. Probably they will grow
C. Perhaps it will rain
D. I think they can bear the heat
14. One of the followingexpression is suitable
for giving sympathy to someone who gets a bad luck
A. I’m glad you like you
B. I’m very sorry to hear that
C. I’m sorry to say that
D. I’m sorry to know about your success
15. Mrs. Heru : I’m sorry to hear that your husband is
Mrs. Harno : No, no quite. But he is
Mrs. Heru : I’m so glad to hear that
The underlined sentence expresses ……